The HPDC Summer Reading Program
ADDITIONAL SESSIONS ADDED DUE TO POPULAR DEMAND!
Statistics show that every year, all young readers lose as much as two or more reading levels during the summer. Because we know that this can be an issue of great concern for both our parents and campers, Hidden Pond Day Camp is proud to continue the Summer Reading Program for the 2016 camp season. All Summer Reading Program instructors are Certified NYS Reading teachers.
CLASSIC PROGRAM: (Individual tuition is $45 per child, per 1-hour session)
• Offered for children of all ages and reading levels
• Complete all summer reading requirements/projects
• Read interesting books on their individual reading level
• Receive targeted reading assistance as necessary
INTENSIVE READING PROGRAMS: (Individual tuition is $45 per child, per 1-hour session)
• Wilson (Grades 2-8)
• Fundations (Grades K-2)
LITERATURE CIRCLES FOR THE AVID READER:
(Individual tuition is $25 per child, per 1-hour session. Pending the enrollment of at least three or more campers enrolled for the session.)
• Offered for children in Grades 5-8
• Each group will read the same classic and/or award winning grade appropriate book
• Each group will meet one time per week, and specific days will be scheduled for specific age groups
• Groups will range from 3 to 10 children per group
Whether your child is an advanced reader or one who struggles a bit to stay on grade level, our engaging programs and activities will help him/her stay on target for September. Based on demand, parents can choose one or more 1-hour sessions per week. Available time slots are before camp from 8:00-9:00 AM, and after camp at 3:30-4:30 PM, or 4:45-5:45 PM. If you are interested, please enroll ASAP as there are limited slots for each teacher.
Tuition is based on the chosen program and is calculated per hour, per child. If your child will not be attending a full 8 weeks of camp, he/she can still participate in the Reading Program during the weeks that he/she is not enrolled.
If you would like more information about this program, please contact Mrs. Diane Trupia via email at email@example.com. Mrs. Trupia will be happy to answer all your questions and schedule your child in the program.